What makes you enjoy Starbound RP?

Derrick

Event Organizer
Roleplay Monitor
Dec 3, 2018
Maryland, babeeeey!
bruh.com
Everyone here is here for a reason! But what makes people enjoy it?! Everyone has some reason, what's yours?

Mine personally is the idea that SBRP is collectively writing a story with multiple other people, and it's near fully freeform. Along with the fact that I can make good friends along the way. While there can be times where I want to just want to call it quits, thinking about the things that make me enjoy RP, and the people I've made friends with while doing it is what keeps me rolling. Also I enjoy the whimsical Sci-fi setting. Gives way for a lot of funny things to occur, which is why I enjoy making silly characters.

..Too bad joke characters are banned on Lux though, because a lot of mine are more interesting than disruptive. I'm not stressing about it though.

Dec 8, 2018
I think for me what makes SBRP really fun is just seeing what characters people make. It's fun seeing a bunch of different ideas in one place. It's something that brings alot of people together, and its something i really appreciate.

Reactions: Derrick
Mar 6, 2019
I agree with the comment above

but apart from that it's really interesting to observe how differently people can behave in certain circumstances

Reactions: Derrick
Dec 30, 2018
haha
The idea that you're stepping into a very strange, niche world that you've never even thought twice about had you not come to a SBRP server. I like to think of it like the Fallout universe, and you've just stepped fresh out of a vault.

Jan 3, 2019
I agree with the top comment. Seeing what people make with the game's resources is fun and seeing the spriting and lua or whatever you can do put to work for creating a story is mindblowing. It's a shame the game is slightly unstable for me.

I just enjoy RP in general. There’s enough diversity and unexpected stuff that goes on for it to keep my interest. The extremely freeform style provided allows a lot of interesting stories to be made. That being said, it’s a lot better in concept than in practice. In practice it’s just 24-7 CRP and E D G E. I don’t like those parts. Course all of that is to be expected, this is RP after all and no matter the genre, setting, premise, or anything else, edgelords will still exist.

What makes the format work is the fact that it allows each individual player to craft a story on their own and then allow that story to be influenced and changed by the people interacting with it. You can do essentially any kind of story you want so long as people are interested in joining it. It removes the restriction of having an overall plot line and objective that is so important in most other kinds of RP, and allows the players themselves to decide what they want to do and how they want to do it, the only thing restricting them is other characters reactions to it. Wether that means getting in the way or helping them achieve their goal.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019
Tours
I always enjoyed RP and starbound, It's that simple. Trying to behave as your character, devellop it, grow with it ... This is what I RP for. The hilarious shenanigans, the sad moments, the heated fights... Some things either never get old or just get better with age. RP does both, at least for me.