Info Using Mods in Multiplayer

Magicks

Bacon Manager
Community Moderator
Starbound Modder
Dec 2, 2018
Using Mods in Multiplayer

If you wish to play on the Starbound server with mods, you need to make sure your mods are multiplayer compatible. This thread will help you to check that your mods are multiplayer compatible. If you are still unsure, you may ask members of our staff team, who will help you.

Mods which are definitely not allowed
  • Race Mods of any kind are not allowed.
  • Mods which break other server rules are not allowed (i.e mods which are NSFW).
  • Mods which overhaul the game are not allowed (i.e Frackin' Universe).
  • Mods which add new objects / blocks / liquids / other environment details are not allowed.
  • Mods which add new vehicles / monsters / npcs / other entities are not allowed.
Mods which are probably not allowed
  • Mods which add new items/armor which are not edits of existing items are not allowed. Edited vanilla items are usually allowed.
  • Mods which add new pets which are not edits of vanilla capture pods are not allowed. Edited vanilla capture pods are usually allowed.
  • Mods which add new techs which are not edits of vanilla techs are not allowed. Edited vanilla techs are usually allowed.
I have mods that do not work with the server, can I keep them and still play on the server? There are 3 solutions, read this thread.

Mods which are usually allowed
  • Mods which edit / re-skin the user interface and/or textures are usually allowed.
  • Songpacks are usually allowed (i.e. .abc files).
  • Mods which are labeled as multiplayer compatible are usually allowed.
  • Mods which only affect the client and do not interact with the server are usually allowed (i.e. a quickbar interface).
  • Mods which only add / edit scripts are usually allowed.
  • Mods which edit / customize vanilla items / entities / objects are usually allowed.
:coffee: All mods which are on our showcase are allowed on the server!

• If you have any questions about using mods on the starbound server or simply want to check if a mod is multiplayer compatible please reply to this thread!

Magicks

Bacon Manager
Community Moderator
Starbound Modder
Dec 2, 2018
If you are struggling to find the Assets Mismatch, on the Main Menu go to Options and you will find it here:

Last edited:

Sock_Bunny

Dec 5, 2018
  • Mods which add new techs which are not edits of vanilla techs are not allowed. Edited vanilla techs are usually allowed.
Custom techs work 99% of the time :o it's usually techs that add new animations that don't work
this mod works on the server even though it adds two techs, one uses a pre-existing animation from another tech, and the other one's 'animation' is handled by its Lua

MaxWolfe

Dec 3, 2018
Using Mods in Multiplayer

If you wish to play on the Starbound server with mods, you need to make sure your mods are multiplayer compatible. This thread will help you to check that your mods are multiplayer compatible. If you are still unsure, you may ask members of our staff team, who will help you.

Mods which are definitely not allowed
  • Race Mods of any kind are not allowed.
  • Mods which break other server rules are not allowed (i.e mods which are NSFW).
  • Mods which overhaul the game are not allowed (i.e Frackin' Universe).
  • Mods which add new objects / blocks / liquids / other environment details are not allowed.
  • Mods which add new vehicles / monsters / npcs / other entities are not allowed.
  • Mods which add new items/armor which are not edits of existing items are not allowed. Edited vanilla items are usually allowed.
  • Mods which add new pets which are not edits of vanilla capture pods are not allowed. Edited vanilla capture pods are usually allowed.
Mods which are usually allowed
  • Mods which edit / re-skin the user interface and/or textures are usually allowed.
  • Songpacks are usually allowed (i.e. .abc files).
  • Mods which are labeled as multiplayer compatible are usually allowed.
  • Mods which only affect the client and do not interact with the server are usually allowed (i.e. a quickbar interface).
  • Mods which only add / edit scripts are usually allowed.
  • Mods which edit / customize vanilla items / entities / objects are usually allowed.
Mods which are on our showcase are allowed on the server!

• If you have any questions about using mods on the starbound server or simply want to check if a mod is multiplayer compatible please reply to this thread!
[/QUOTE

please can i use the callistan race mod ill remove the rest but please can i keep that one )=

Max Bacon

Ultimate Administrator
Administrator
Nov 29, 2018
How do you keep your mods but turn them off?
Such is not possible in Starbound sadly especially with the workshop auto-loading. What you can do is literal copy/paste the starbound installation, do shortcut to direct executable and just install MP compatible mods on that install /mods folder (direct .exe won't run workshop subs and such).

Akiyama

Jan 12, 2019
Is it possible to keep the mods but not use them?
I’m not sure if you can disable mods from within your game, but if they’re through the Steam workshop you can favorite them and then unsubscribe so you can easily find them again later.