Feedback The ++'s and the --'s

Discussion in 'Server Feedback' started by CoverArtist, Feb 11, 2015.

1. CoverArtist

CoverArtist Greasy Bacon

60%
    BCash: ß 500
    This was my first server of Starbound, but I've been on publicly hosted servers of Terraria or Minecraft. Being as this game is still early access, my opinion will change as the game stabilizes. That being said...

Pros:
    - Trustworthy community (from who I've talked to)
    - 'Play it your way' style (choose whether to skip the quest line and just explore)
    - Beautiful Spawn (Very well done)
    - Fast response time on forums (though I might've been lucky)

Cons:
    - Some members seem to be careless about other people's frame rates/headphones (Even some of the coloured named-members, which I'm guessing are staff/VIP?)
    - There isn't really any reason to leave spawn, which is fine if you like the chatroom-esk play but it'd be nice to have some sort of contest or events to inspire people to explore
    - Even though spawn looks beautiful, it sorta gives a little TOO much (all the crafting tables available) in my opinion
    - The server crashes a lot- I'm not sure if this is due to the game being in alpha, people crashing it, or even just faulty connection but it does make things difficult (like losing work or items because you were in the middle of placing it/moving it).

Now since I don't know much about Starbound, and since it's early access, I doubt the Cons can really be fixed without knowledge of coding.. but they're just my opinions/views.

Overall I think you guys are doing a good job, and seem to be the best put-together team (that I've seen so far).

Yared, Ignify and TheWall like this.
  2. Mollie

Mollie Sizzling Bacon

20%
    Well, there are a lot of good points in here, however, I'd like to mention a few retorts to these..
    The server is here for players to group up and explore the galaxy together, its a way to play the game as you would in single players, just with each-other, if you do not feel the desire to leave, find some people to party with and explore with them!
    You do not have to use these, how ever there are people that do enjoy the accessibility of these tools :D
    Most defiantly the game being in alpha, now I'm not sure if you applied for the password or worked your way to level two, but we do have a disclaimer on both the message we reply with and on the page where you retrieve the password which is along the lines of:
    "The Last Starbound Update Broke Multiplayer! Till developers have a look at the issues, constant crashes, lag spikes and delays are not helpable. Do Backups when playing on MP & Be careful with who you trust!"
    These are people with the ability to change their characters name colour Via starcheat or SBSE. Some may be staff while there are other that are not. The ILoveBacons server before the update was a community of people who like to change up aspects of the game and make their own creations. The most recent update has made all servers incredibly unstable and it has taken some getting used to with what lags the game and what does not, although it is very hard for us to control what is and isn't taken onto the server. As for the noise well *ehem* Blue is the man you shall need to pick a bone with *ehem*
    Last but not least, my favourite section, I'd like to thank you for your kind words and your opinions, if there is anything you'd like to know more about/voice your concern about please do let me know! Our team is very active on the forums and would love to reply to any question or query!

Yared and Ignify like this.
  3. CoverArtist

CoverArtist Greasy Bacon

60%
    The con's certainly didn't outweigh the pros, or else I would've left. I was just giving a "1 good 1 bad" type of review. I'll probably update it everytime the server goes through major changes, or when I feel inspired to write more. :) Also I love your signature!

Yared likes this.
  4. Mollie

Mollie Sizzling Bacon

20%
    YAY! I love hearing opinions~!
    and thank-you! I love your picture :D

SusanStrong likes this.
  5. CoverArtist

CoverArtist Greasy Bacon

60%
    Thank you! One of my followers made it for me from Twitch :3
    Oops this is turning into a social thread. >~> better stop while I still can

Yared likes this.
  6. Mollie

Mollie Sizzling Bacon

20%
    Ooooh~!! Streamer!
    Link meh!

SusanStrong and Yared like this.
  7. Max Bacon

Max Bacon Tasty Owner Bacon Chief RP Manager Tasty Club

BCash: ß 240
    Heya, about this part, we sadly don't have control of abuses when it comes to Lag/Sound abusive guns, normal players abuse them, if we had a normal spawn the problem would scale to people killing each other non-stop.
    The server crashes are major problem but fault of the stage of the software that developers are yet to fix, a small server with 5 players, a big server 50, nobody is safe from the problems hitting multiplayer. That's a thing that frustrates me as well, but it's out of my control, we can only hope for future updates to improve it.

In the end, is a question of time, once starbound is more stable, we will do more event, themed spawns, and bring the community more to life on the server, right now is the instability the biggest barrier to make that happen. Thanks for your feedback.

8. CoverArtist

CoverArtist Greasy Bacon

60%
    I've learned to go around most of the 'cons' but just giving 1:1 ratio. :) I'm always happy to help expand and make the server better once multiplayer gets more stable.

Yared and Max Bacon like this.
  9. MiniDwarf1101

MiniDwarf1101 Greasy Bacon

60%
    I hope when I get to go on the server that i'll discover more pros than cons. Based on what i've read it looks AMAZING!!!

Yared likes this.
  10. Ignify

Ignify Tasty Club Crispy Bacon

35%
    Thank you for the feedback! We've actually been working on rules to make the rules on the server clearer to others, so hopefully, there won't be as many issues. So far, a short quiz after the rules appears to be the most logical and easy way to have players play on the server and reduce the amount of negativity however small or large it may be. I included the sound issue in their too. ^-^

Yared likes this.