Bug/Issue Severe delay/lag in lobby

Discussion in 'General Server Help' started by Amwl415, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Amwl415

Amwl415 Cooked Bacon

60%
    BCash: ß 500
    I've recently run into a bug in the new Christmas lobby, once I beam down all of the "blocks" would load in but furnitures and other players would not. It would take up to a minute later for them to finally load in. But this is where things start to get buggy.

When moving left or right, the world stops loading(void on the edges) and furniture start to spawn in and out of existence. I can still see other players moving around and talking in chat, but I wouldn't be able to interact with anything. Tried talking in chat/sitting on benches/opening chests, but it would take a long time for it to respond, sometimes never. Everything just seems to have a long delay when in the lobby.

I have encountered this issue before in the Halloween lobby but only briefly during peak hours. However, I wouldn't encounter this when in my ship, RP hub or the outpost.

2. IHazBagels

IHazBagels Bacon Manager Tasty Club Modder

73%
    BCash: ß 450
    That is probably a connection related issue or hardware issue. Starbound is a fairly resource intensive game and is not optimized well.
    That being said, if your computer is rather old or your connection speed is lower quality, you will encounter issues like that in areas that are very "busy."

To test your connection to the server use command prompt to ping the server by typing the following:
    ping sb.ilovebacons.com

3. Amwl415

Amwl415 Cooked Bacon

60%
    Well, I'll have to admit that I've been running on a rather old computer and trying to connect to the server from the opposite side of the world. Average ping is about 350ms(Yes, I know it's bad.) but the game was playable before this.

I'm not sure though, it seems to be more of a recent thing considering I didn't get kicked out for inactivity and everything just stops loading for no reason.

I'm going to check my ISP and see if there's anything wrong with my connection, been getting a decrease in speed lately.

4. Amwl415

Amwl415 Cooked Bacon

60%
    Confirmed, I tried a different wifi and it worked.

Max Bacon likes this.