RP requirement and character Creation questions

Jun 7, 2019
I Think I wanna try out poleplaying for the first time. I've read the rules and most of the lore but I have some questions about the character Creation then joining. These are the questions I got.
1 Can you start of with a new character?
2 If there are certain items that are of somewhat importans of your character
(for example if you're Rp as a gunslinger I would like to have a gun)

thanks for Reading im so sorry for my bad English it is not my native tongue.

Jasel

Roleplay Manager
Dec 2, 2018
1) Yes, there is no issues with that. We reccommend you make your character in casual mode to prevent the need to eat, which gets obnoxious with time.

2) Technically speaking, you do not need any special items. However, it is always good to have a visual representation of what your character is carrying.

Welcome to the server, and we hope you have a nice stay with us.

Thomaslink16

Roleplay Organizer
Roleplay Monitor
Nov 29, 2018
  1. Yes you can! You can also bring in the first character you made as well, it's all up to you. In my experience when I first started, I actually used the first character I made for RP.
  2. There are some essentials when it comes to RP, such as a free, empty hand (that you can easily get with the RP merchant in Lux) and some other quality of life items. As for specific items such as a gun or others, I'd suggest to either make your own, use pre-existing ones in vanilla or ask around in the community for your own. Who knows, maybe you'll find someone who's nice enough to make exactly what you need!
I hope you have a fantastic time in our community, and that you have a lot of fun with Starbound Roleplay!

-Thomas, an RP Monitor.

Jun 7, 2019
  1. Yes you can! You can also bring in the first character you made as well, it's all up to you. In my experience when I first started, I actually used the first character I made for RP.
  2. There are some essentials when it comes to RP, such as a free, empty hand (that you can easily get with the RP merchant in Lux) and some other quality of life items. As for specific items such as a gun or others, I'd suggest to either make your own, use pre-existing ones in vanilla or ask around in the community for your own. Who knows, maybe you'll find someone who's nice enough to make exactly what you need!
I hope you have a fantastic time in our community, and that you have a lot of fun with Starbound Roleplay!

-Thomas, an RP Monitor.
Thank you for clearing that up for me. I guess I just join the server and start RP?

Jasel

Roleplay Manager
Dec 2, 2018
Thank you for clearing that up for me. I guess I just join the server and start RP?
Do not forget to register your account first. Otherwise you won't be able to get in Port Lux. Join our Discord server if you need help, too.