Question Need help getting custom stance on a different weapon

Discussion in 'General Forum Help' started by Nettle Boy, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Nettle Boy

Nettle Boy Sizzling Bacon

BCash: ß 100
    Howdy everyone.

In Starcheat i've been experimenting with transitions from the Boomerang item on different ActiveItems but i haven't been able to exploit it's potential for giving other weapons customizable Stances (melee weapon, gun, whip, fist weapon etc).

I'd tried using the Transition and TransitionFunction on different weapon types but they only seem to work with the ones that have Boomerang.lua or Magnorb.lua in the Scripts parameter. I think it's the Stances.lua they both have that makes these transitions work.
    So i tried adding this lua to the scripts for the json weapons but it doesn't do anything.

For that reason I need another way of being able to customize stances without using Boomerang.lua for making cool weapons.
    It's not just the endless number of stances i'm after, i also want the stances to change themselves over time without having to mouse-click (unlike the combo weapon attacks).
    I had already found some uses for the Transition and TransitionFunction parameters, but more could be done if other weapons had something like this.

So if anyone knows of a way or a parameter that can workaround this for doing it on other weapons, that would be great.

If you don't know what to do or can't help just send me a link with the solution related to the problem on this post and it'll be more than helpful (make sure it's Json!).

I hope to hear from everyone soon and thanks for reading. :P

2. Cloudydays

Cloudydays Cooked Bacon

20%
    BCash: ß 500
    There's probably a few you could find in the mall. That's where I head whenever I need a weapon to mod.

3. Nettle Boy

They could mostly be parameters for combo slash attacks but i'll check it out

4. Nettle Boy

Had a look in the mall. There's nothing there that can help me with what i'm doing.

So i'll need to ask someone who mods item either through this post or on the server.

5. Nettle Boy

Still haven't made any progress on getting the stances i'm after since i'm waiting for more decent responces on this post.

I found some parameters for scaling the size of images for handhelds, so i tried using it on a gun base item, but i quickly learn't that it only works with active throwable items, since this feature is tied to Stance.lua.
    So i made a throwable item that's disguised as a durasteel revolver seeing as it's do-able.
    It could've been useful for making other weapons if it wasn't limited to throwables. :/

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  6. Nettle Boy

I've tested another parameter on active throwables. when that didn't work i had a look at the Gun.lua and learn't that it has Weapon.lua which has all the gun and melee parameters that the boomerang and magnorb.lua doesn't have.
    So if i had the right parameter that can insert one piece of Lua into the hole script for making it have both of these propeties, i could either try to adapt active weapons with Stance.lua or i could adapt active throwables with weapon.lua.

I had already tried adding stance.lua to the Scripts parameter of a weapon but that does nothing. So i'll try a few things with the scriptConfig parameter.

Even if i can make something happen, the chances are that the different parameter grouping in active throwables and weapons' lua may not be compatible with eachother.

Still i'll test a few things and ask someone who's familiar with vanilla lua.