Maze Idea

Discussion in 'Chat / Off-Topic' started by SickToYou, Oct 6, 2018.

1. SickToYou

SickToYou Greasy Bacon

BCash: ß 500
    Here is a maze i'm creating in the game

each block is 16x16 (it is).

SuperMaze flip.png

Because of its size, there is plenty of room for traps, gates, etc.
    the start is at the bottom and the exit at the top will lead to a boss room. once the boss is defeated a door will open and give access to a long elevator of jump pads, going up to a cloud room filled with rewards.

Max Bacon likes this.
  2. Deatho

Deatho Crispy Bacon Syndicate

65%
    what a nice maze

3. Max Bacon

Max Bacon Tasty Owner Bacon Chief RP Manager Tasty Club

BCash: ß 240
    Mazes are fun, noclipping players loose fun for cheats :p

4. SickToYou

SickToYou Greasy Bacon

I was Hoping that i could find a way to make the maze at a world and have the same setup that the cultiist map has. needs to be protected and the techs need to be disabled

5. Max Bacon

Only missions have the tech options, to do so, one needs to learn to create SB missions on the Tiled map editor.

6. SickToYou

SickToYou Greasy Bacon

if i make the maze on a world, would i be able to make that into a mission?

7. Max Bacon

Sadly no, SB renders missions differently, you have to build it as a mission, then you can actually spawn a mission-world into a world with a command (for example SB world dungeons you find are actually made on tiled).

8. SickToYou

SickToYou Greasy Bacon

Would it be possible to somehow export the maze into a json file that can be read by tile? there needs to be some way because that way i can heave people help with it. or another option is a block or some other way that will instantly kill anyone that noclips through it. then tile protection can at least hide the wiring

9. Theta-ChaosDeity

Theta-ChaosDeity Greasy Bacon

40%
    As I've told you before, I actually thought of a maze for a neat destination for a future project for custom items, and as people go along, they can get more weapons and fight monsters along the way, and the middle is a boss and when you defeat it, it opens the way to an amazing weapon. And yes, people no-clipping ruins the fun of it all, and not sure exactly how to do that, tho there may be some ways of doing it...

SickToYou likes this.
  10. Max Bacon

There is no such conversion, it has to be done in tiled to be possible to exist in a mission, in mission config you can disable players from using techs, and that's pretty much the only way. Without it, you can still do it as a normal world, players can use their techs and such and you just don't bother if someone cheats or not.

11. SickToYou

SickToYou Greasy Bacon

Can you validate my world bound claim? I made the basic shape of the maze and now I want to bring a few people in to start improving it.
    i need to be able to back it up because i put too much into it to lose.

12. SickToYou

SickToYou Greasy Bacon

I will definitely need your help making this thing look great. the shape is complete and i have the basic framework up. im going to need alot of help getting the place decorated and filled with traps. i have a start room, the maze, and a good boss room followed by a reward room.

13. Jungix

Jungix Cooked Bacon Modder

BCash: ß 395
    Is this a RotMG map? I mean how are you supposed to put a birds-eye view in Starbound...

14. SickToYou

SickToYou Greasy Bacon

The maze is already made, ask for me to take you there when im on and i can show it to you. might need help trying to make a teleporter to it.