Leis Union: A bond of magic users.

Mar 30, 2019
Every so often, an ad for a group simply referred to as the Leis Union could be seen on a few web pages pertaining to Lux. After clicking it, you're taken to an advertisement.

Magic... A source of great power that some of us have finally tapped into. Despite people like us, there are some who simply refuse to understand the wonders of magic. They criticize and ostracize us, thinking that by choosing to learn from what nature has given us is taking the easy way. Yet here we are, still standing strong. Mages that have defied odds in order to achieve something. Even now, there are young ones who have yet to grasp their potential, but starve for the knowledge that others deem as... cheating.

I am Arch-Mage Elta of the Mage's Council of a far away planet. Our mission is to find those who thirst for knowledge of the Arcane and train them so that they may become incredible, yet responsible mages. While we are not partnered with Lux in any way, a partnership would only enable us to aid people even more.

LEIS UNION

The Leis Union, or simply The Union, will be a congregation of mages that band together, learn from each other, and help each other learn more of the unknown. We will also strive to aid the poor people of Lux in combating taboo forms of magic should the need arises.

WHAT WE OFFER
  • ENTRY-ADVANCED MAGIC LESSONS
    There are future mages all over the galaxy in need of teaching. Luckily, we do just that. Beginner or Professional, our Magisters are able to offer you aid in improving your technique, crafting a spell, or even testing a few spells out!

• MAGIC TOOLS
    Don't worry about needing a wand or a book. We have you covered! Thanks to the artisans on our home planet, we have plenty of wands to spare. Don't want one of ours? Well our Magisters will be happy to aid you in creating one yourself! Just make sure to be safe when gathering materials.
  • SPELL SHARING
    Do you have a spell that you believe others should try out? Maybe you want to flaunt your genius! Either way, it's fine with us. We encourage our Union members to share their findings with one another so that we may create a pool of vast knowledge for future magic users.

• PROTECTION
    While there is a security force on Lux, there are some threats that even they may not be able to handle. If this happens, we'll step in to fill their shoes, aiding them or any one else in need. Hopefully this won't happen, but in the event it does, the Union will lend their hand.

• DUELING
    A bit of a favorite on our planet. Dueling is an excellent way of testing spells in a safe setting. Duels are regulated and our helpers will be on standby with healing crystals for any nasty injuries you all get. Go wild, but not too crazy...

• FRIENDSHIP!
    Who doesn't need a friend? I've seen a lot of mages alone, brooding by themselves and cultivating very dark thoughts. Being with people will help ward off these sorts of things, helping you become a better person! No need to be alone when your friends can shoot fireballs, too!
UNION RANKS

Arch-Mage
That would be me! An accomplished individual that mastered the basic natures of magic. I won't be on planet, but I'll be watching from afar, making sure my dear Union Members are treated well! In the event something very serious concerning our Union occurs, I'll be there to keep you all safe. No, you can't apply for Arch-Mage...

Magister
A Magister is a step below me. They act as my stand in and will be there to gather up new members and teach. In the event you are in trouble and Lux Security has not responded, call them as soon as possible! Magisters can't be applied for due to them being government officials from our home planet.

Sub-Magister
A Sub-Magister is sort of a temporary aid either selected from their application or appointed by an actual Magister to help with teaching, facilitating duels, and gathering more members. Sub-Magisters must carry themselves as a real Magister does. Be respectful, kind, and patient!

Journeyman/Free Mage
A Journeyman, or a Free Mage, is a mage that already knows a great deal of magic, but simply wishes to either hang around or learn even more! While they don't exactly have any duties besides being kind to their Union mates, they must always keep an eye out for those below them. If an Acolyte is having an issue learning, why not try teaching them yourself?

Apprentice
An apprentice is a mage that has made a bond with a teacher, becoming their personal student. An apprentice may end up learning something that a Magister or Sub-Magister may not openly teach. Apprentices are hand selected by Journeyman and up.

Acolyte
The very first rank of the Union. Don't worry! This doesn't mean that we think you're weak! In fact, if you don't believe yourself to be an Acolyte, talk to a Sub-Magister or Magister and see if they're willing to promote you! Of course, there's nothing wrong with learning the basics again.

MEETING PLACE & HOW TO JOIN
While it's not set in stone, my Magisters have informed me of two fitting places right next to each other. To the east of the Island is a Dojo and a Library. Since both aren't used so often, they'll make great places for you all to gather! When you join and you know of a better place on Lux, let us know and we'll see about it.

To Join, you can do one of two things. First, you can be hand selected by a Magister. Those hand selected are guaranteed to be accepted since they'll be the ones teaching you. Second, you can apply here with the application below. Please give us two to three days to process your application.

Due to the sudden popularity of the Leis Union, a series of trials will be presented to the applicants. Depending on their results, they will either be accepted or denied. Each person will have a set of 1-2 trials custom tailored to their application to avoid cheating.
Name:
Years of Magic Experience:
Intended Union Rank:
Past Magic Feats (if Journeyman or Higher):
3 Personal Skills:
3 Personal Goals:
In one sentence, tell me what magic means to you.:

UNION MEMBER LIST
ACOLYTE
APPRENTICE
FREE MAGE
SUB-MAGISTER
MAGISTER
Lena Hewett
Drew
Lucy Alters
Mailith
Arthas​
Delthea [Valora's App]
Kerra Witt [Valora's App]​
Oulia
Lidelle J. Caluhainn
Gabriel
Philip​
Helta "Belmay" Skelta​

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019
((If someone wants a magister position, you'll need a new character and will have to PM me either on the Forrum or on my discord @ Sin#6560. Existing characters can't be promoted to Magister unless a few hidden conditions are met. For the sake of simplicity, I encourage those who wish to join to refer to the Magic RP guide released a few days ago.))

Last edited:
Reactions: Tuna
Dec 9, 2018
Name: Andrew. I also respond to Drew
Mana Natures: Uncertain
Years of Magic Experience: 0
Intended Union Rank: Acolyte
Past Magic Feats (if Journeyman or Higher): Nothing to note.
What magic means to me: Both an expansion and expression of self through its use.

Dec 18, 2018
Name: Chance Venture
Age: Uncertain (Knowledgeable that they are a minimum of 30 years old)
Mana Natures: Neutral
Years of Magic Experience: 30 (Minimum)
Past Magic Feats: Used as a form of "Magical Battery" for a more experienced mage to cast more intense spells and rituals
In one sentence, tell me what magic means to you: "Protection and a mean of being useful to others."

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019
Name: Andrew. I also respond to Drew
Mana Natures: Uncertain
Years of Magic Experience: 0
Past Magic Feats (if Journeyman or Higher): Nothing to note.
What magic means to me: Both an expansion and expression of self through its use.
@Asran App Accepted. Welcome to the Union!

Name: Chance Venture
Age: Uncertain (Knowledgeable that they are a minimum of 30 years old)
Mana Natures: General Warding as well as strong invigoration of others
Years of Magic Experience: 30 (Minimum)
Intended Union Rank: Apprentice
Past Magic Feats: Used as a form of "Magical Battery" for a more experienced mage to cast more intense spells and rituals
In one sentence, tell me what magic means to you: "Protection and a mean of being useful to others."
@LordBobster Warding isn't exactly a mana nature / mana element in our books. Apprentices will be picked by hand by those of rank Journeyman and up.

Dec 18, 2018
@LordBobster Warding isn't exactly a mana nature / mana element in our books. Apprentices will be picked by hand by those of rank Journeyman and up.
I looked through the magic guide you made, the only real nature I could put it under is neutral, if I were to edit the app would it be fine then?, as well as switching the intended union rank to acolyte

Mar 30, 2019
I looked through the magic guide you made, the only real nature I could put it under is neutral, if I were to edit the app would it be fine then?, as well as switching the intended union rank to acolyte
Yep. There's nothing wrong with Warding Magic, but I just don't consider it a straight up element.

Dec 29, 2018
Space Australia
Name: Mavis Claire

Mana Natures: Wind & Water

Years of Magic Experience: 7

Intended Union Rank: Apprentice (on paper)

Past Magic Feats: Removing a curse prior to any official magic education.

In one sentence, tell me what magic means to you.: Magic is knowledge and knowledge is power.

Dec 2, 2018
Name:Arthas Oppenheimer.
Mana Natures:Geomancy.
Years of Magic Experience:1
Intended Union Rank:Apprentice.
Past Magic Feats (if Journeyman or Higher):
In one sentence, tell me what magic means to you.: "Helping innocent people who need it."

Nov 29, 2018
Ur mom’s house lmao
Name: Gabriel, Gabby, Gab, G. Take your pick
Mana Natures: Mostly Fire. Or energy manipulation, if that counts.
Years of Magic Experience: 8 an’ a half.
Intended Union Rank: Journeyman- woman.
Past Magic Feats (if Journeyman or Higher): Enchanting brands and weapons, making wands and stakes, magic-based firearms production.
What magic means to me: A weapon, a utility, and a life skill.

Dec 2, 2018
((For the sake of keeping things fun and in accordance to my character, the following post has been written by using windows voice recognition commands, as it would be a way for an illiterate character to be able to know of the Union and try to apply to it somehow)).

Name: My leaf.
Mana Natures: What is this?
Years of Magic Experience: I told you.
Intended Union Rank: Aqua life.
Past Magic Feats (if Journeyman or Higher): Skip next.
In one sentence, tell me what magic means to you: I want to know, tell me.

This was done with voice recognition pro grams so I apologize for any adverse. Thank.

Reactions: Tuna

Kilowatt

Roleplay Organizer
Nov 29, 2018
Kilobot's House, Robo Land
Name: Lidelle J. Caluhainn
Mana Natures: Light/Holy
Years of Magic Experience: 11
Intended Union Rank: Journeyman
Past Magic Feats (if Journeyman or Higher): Exorcisms, curse removals, and a bit of enchanting here and there. Really helps with the monster slaying.
In one sentence, tell me what magic means to you.: What magic means to me? Well to me, it's a symbol of strength for us mortals, with all these demons and whatnot running about.

Jan 12, 2019
Tours
Name: Lucy Alters
Mana Natures: Light
Years of Magic Experience: Less than 1
Past Magic Feats (if Journeyman or Higher): Uncounscious Critical wound Stabilisation, Minor and Medium wound healing.
In one sentence, tell me what magic means to you:
"A way to expand my knowledge, and to put it to use to save lives"