iLoveBacons Starbound Future?

• Hi, the Bacons main website is being rebuilt, we ask you to register your account once again, please mind services like Starbound are working independently of the website currently.

Please Join Our Discord for Support & Questions, etc... http://discord.gg/E4S26ys

Eleven

Apr 6, 2020
So since the forums have been reset for the 3rd time now, erasing the Mods Showcase which was a great big advantage of this community and an excellent way for the iLoveBacons community to gain and maintain attention, and since the server is constantly losing actively contributing players and modders to other servers (without mentioning any names) and instead gaining a bunch of Russians, I can't help but wonder if the server still has future, especially since I am a veteran patron of the server and a VERY old player, Can iLB still get its glory back? Can we still have a kickass mod showcase page which attracted SB players from far-and-wide? Can we restore the server to its position as the official SB server and the one with the most players and the game's greatest modding hub? Or, is it time to start looking for other options to migrate my Starbound existence to?

Bacon

Staff member
Boss
OwO
Community Mod
SirBacons
SirBacons
Owner
Dec 28, 2019
Hi, the starbound multiplayer scene has been in huge decay, with the game devs no longer pushing updates there is not much one can do but standing the maintenance of the game server. With the expected decay, ILB still is the most active SB server as far player density daily goes and that is telling of the status of the entire scene of MP; all active EU timezone servers despite us are the russians/russian rp servers, and on NA you just have some peaks on some RP places here and there, RP that ILB no longer maintains having been a long-lasting uphill battle against toxicity and drama.

ILB continues being maintained as is, but the decay of SB entirely is not a problem of ILB, the previous glory is mostly when the status of the SB multiplayer scene as a whole was more healthy than what it currently is, that has and does hit everyone, especially a server like ours that relies on people actually playing the game and on a more social/casual group of players.

You are free to reach out to apply to the staff if you think you can contribute and make something here and there, most of what happens hugely depend on the players who volunteer for helping.

Last edited:

Maeton

Apr 9, 2020
Wait...
The developers STOPPED ALL FORMS OF UPDATES?!..
and I had infact noticed it..
even if never supporting you with money I was al lthe way down to eversince Ceneria was a place and its bizzare as The RPs I had were fantastica s they made me inspire to make my character backstory and to learn more of it.

ANd if possible if I were to gladly intervene can I do so?
I always wish to build things for people in far remote planets that can not only be interesting but to building for them anything they want as I feel and adore the building mechanics of this game so much!

Bacon

Staff member
Boss
OwO
Community Mod
SirBacons
SirBacons
Owner
Dec 28, 2019
Wait...
The developers STOPPED ALL FORMS OF UPDATES?!..
and I had infact noticed it..
even if never supporting you with money I was al lthe way down to eversince Ceneria was a place and its bizzare as The RPs I had were fantastica s they made me inspire to make my character backstory and to learn more of it.

ANd if possible if I were to gladly intervene can I do so?
I always wish to build things for people in far remote planets that can not only be interesting but to building for them anything they want as I feel and adore the building mechanics of this game so much!
Sadly yes, the potential of the title has vastly fell short.

I mean you can always send an application with your ideas and what you'd like to do, that would require a more direct support from us to make viable ofc

Eleven

Apr 6, 2020
Hi, the starbound multiplayer scene has been in huge decay, with the game devs no longer pushing updates there is not much one can do but standing the maintenance of the game server. With the expected decay, ILB still is the most active SB server as far player density daily goes and that is telling of the status of the entire scene of MP; all active EU timezone servers despite us are the russians/russian rp servers, and on NA you just have some peaks on some RP places here and there, RP that ILB no longer maintains having been a long-lasting uphill battle against toxicity and drama.

ILB continues being maintained as is, but the decay of SB entirely is not a problem of ILB, the previous glory is mostly when the status of the SB multiplayer scene as a whole was more healthy than what it currently is, that has and does hit everyone, especially a server like ours that relies on people actually playing the game and on a more social/casual group of players.

You are free to reach out to apply to the staff if you think you can contribute and make something here and there, most of what happens hugely depend on the players who volunteer for helping.
I see, well in any case, I tried the new Surrealment server that has been up and running recently, While it does have less Russians and more actual English-Speaking players, it is far worse in terms of coding, modding and overall management, even the modding community is almost non-existent, so I think I'll try iLB again, I will have to consider the application/volunteering to staff thing, Since there is a certain individual in the staff team that would not like me in there, besides I'll need to consider my time too, but I'll consider an application to a moderator or builder role soon enough, thanks for the reply.