I'd Appreciate if you guys stopped using my Power Armor sprite.

Derrick

Roleplay Organizer
Roleplay Monitor
Dec 3, 2018
Coolsville USA, baby.
epic.com
You know the one. The one the Warborn used a lot. It was meant to stay there, and even then I didn't enjoy the Warborn using it either. I never wanted it 'seeded'. I never wanted it leaked, and I don't want anyone using it anymore. It's a reminder of how things used to be, and frankly I don't like how things used to be just about as much as I don't like people using the armor. I've gotten compliments and such for making it, but I never enjoyed the fact that it's become so open. Literally every roleplayer has it at this point, and it was meant to remain a private thing for someone I trusted not to hand it out to everyone.

To compensate for that, I'll be releasing a few armor sprites like it for public use in the coming few days, but I don't appreciate people using a leaked power armor sprite I made, recoloring it and calling it theirs. As a content creator, it really blows to see that happen to something I made in like 2016. Thanks to everyone who scraps it. You're good people.

(EDIT): I know it'd be impossible to get rid of all the copies of the armor entirely, but that's why I'm just asking that you guys stop using it. ICly and OOCly. It's leaked content that I did not give permission to be spread around. I tolerated it for years, but at this point it's just insulting. Thanks again for those who care.

Thomaslink16

Roleplay Organizer
Roleplay Monitor
Nov 29, 2018
Yep, that armor set is not only super ugly and outdated, it was also leaked a lot :/

I'm pretty excited to hear that there'll be better public sets coming soon however!

Derrick

Roleplay Organizer
Roleplay Monitor
Dec 3, 2018
Coolsville USA, baby.
epic.com
People who use my armor set. :|

The best part about it is that the only part is the pants, and the sleeves and helmet were never used by people for some odd reason.

Abaronca

Roleplay Monitor
Dec 1, 2018
People who use my armor set. :|

The best part about it is that the only part is the pants, and the sleeves and helmet were never used by people for some odd reason.
That's because people prefer their own probably also stolen sprites for that

Derrick

Roleplay Organizer
Roleplay Monitor
Dec 3, 2018
Coolsville USA, baby.
epic.com
So, here's an update on this.
I've been working on a new set of armor for those that still use the old one.
I don't blame any of you for using items you recieved that you found cool;
I solely blame the person responsible for 'seeding' (leaking) the content,
aside from myself, who was moronic enough to let it happen in the first place.

I'd like some feedback in what you'd all like to see in the next public Power Armor set, design-wise or anything else.

Reactions: Thomaslink16
Jan 3, 2019
You made that Power Armor for Bandit, a character of mine. One piece, the helm or body, is even named "Bandit's Power Armor". It's been a great addition to Rp and fit well with the Karks, but I freely give it out to those who are interested, and have even featured it as a found reward on my exploration planets. Thank you for all the post apocalyptic styled items you've made.

Isbjörn

Starbound Builder
Dec 3, 2018
Austin, Texas
You have to respect when people make something, and then they ask to stop sharing it mang.
but I freely give it out to those who are interested, and have even featured it as a found reward on my exploration planets. Thank you for all the post apocalyptic styled items you've made.
Because this is the literal opposite of that.

Jan 3, 2019
You have to respect when people make something, and then they ask to stop sharing it mang.

Because this is the literal opposite of that.
It's already been proliferated. Sorry about that. be more careful next time I guess.

I don't really respect when a gift giver adds retroactive stipulations two years after the fact, but I won't personally give it to anyone new. Since derrick is sharing a whole new set for the public, I don't think it'll be a problem, will it?

Dec 30, 2018
haha
More as compensation considering a few people have the armor as a staple form of their character like Bis for example who's a sentient suit of armor

Jan 3, 2019
For the fact they're using stolen armor that you gave them, they don't know it's stolen.
No, it's not stolen. It was given to me, and they found it in one of my caches while they played or raided the Warborn or Flockadoo Labs. Hopefully they did so IC.

Dec 30, 2018
haha
It was given to you two years ago, and I'm pretty sure Derrick didn't say "yeah yeah go and distribute it to everybody" even if he was still coolcool with you then. It's just a real dirty thing to do, copying and pasting it to unwilling people behind his back.

Dec 30, 2018
haha
Because that was a single faction where he would've been able to see who was using it so it didnt go out of hand. You however seeded it way out of the warborn and to almost every player you found, slapping it in buildings and spreading it across every build you made. That's a huge difference to just letting faction members have it.