Suggestion Fully migrate suggestions to forums

Should the suggestion system be migrated to the forums?

• Yes, for the forums' organization and discussion

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No, for Discord's simplicity and convenience

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Katheryn Miles

Community Administrator
Administrator
Starbound Moderator
Event Organizer
Nov 29, 2018
Suggestion Type
Discord Server, Forums
I have been noticing that others' suggestions often get buried under each other in #suggestions. In order to solve this problem, I would like to see the suggestion system fully migrated to the forums. I have already set this Suggestions sub-forum up, where new suggestions would be posted, discussed, and not buried by other suggestions. This migration would mean that each suggestion would appear in threads in the sub-forum, and that new threads and posts would be relayed to the #suggestions channel, similar to posts elsewhere usually being relayed to #community-log, allowing them to remain accessible from the Discord server.

Katheryn Miles

Community Administrator
Administrator
Starbound Moderator
Event Organizer
Nov 29, 2018
I discussed the issues with Max Bacon recently, and he reminded me that the Discord server's suggestion system was actually upgraded already. It clears any suggestions that have been approved or declined from #suggestions while allowing us to use Trello to discuss them - likely including community members. While the system mostly does what it should do - avoiding burying suggestions while allowing us to provide input - I would still like to know what others' opinions are about this. Do you believe that Trello is necessary, or that the forums would be a better discussion location?

Jan 19, 2019
Okay, just going to drop in here because I've used Discord a lot (Two years, I think) and know a few things.

First of all: if a channel is getting way too cluttered, just make another channel for the same purpose. (This sometimes shouldn't be done for general channels because all the discussion in one place can help (this doesn't always apply).)

Second of all: Discord is very convenient for things like this because of how quick and easy it is. You can just type your suggestion in and leave, compared to opening a forum page, navigating, etc.. Personally, I have a little paranoia on forums in general, so using Discord is much easier for me.

Quick edit: I think that the suggestions sub-forum integration is a great idea. People who are more comfortable with forums (like my brothers who hate Discord for no real reason) can still use them. Also for this reason: maybe Discord to sub-forum automation for people who use the forum more exclusively? Don't ask me how that'd work, though.

Thanks for reading :D

Last edited:
May 30, 2019
you should add a barotrauma rp server with three different servers campaign server sandbox server and misson also a normal non rp servers