Discussion Thread: Minecraft Server

Lachee

Technical Administrator
Administrator
Community Moderator
Tasty Club
I think the actions were completely fair and reasonable given the circumstances.

I get that you don't like me because of my Lachee's Deflated Penis sword, but please refrain from letting that spill over into future moderation. It's unprofessional
calling me unprofessional yet continues to make penis jokes. hmmmmmmmm.

David Drek

Bacon Manager
Starbound Moderator
Event Organizer
Nov 29, 2018
Kentucky
There's nothing good that will come of this debate, I can guarantee you that. Why is it that every time a moderator is in question we want to bring into question the 'professionalism' of said individual. We're moderating a community we still wish to be a part of and we still have emotional responses. I ask that the snide remarks cease as a member of said community, so we don't have people seething over it in the long run.

Appytizer

Tasty Club
Dec 4, 2018
Benbo City
There is more than enough evidence to show the users guilty of the grief. I dont know why you continue to play innocents in the face of literal logs of block place and removals
I was on the server for literally less than an hour, saw the tree was destroyed, and made some signs under it. There was never any evidence to prove that I commited it, and I won't have it from you that I did.

Using the "i have been here for <x time>" point doesnt work when its against me... just saying.
It's not supposed to "work" on you, that's not what I'm trying to come across with. I'm saying that I've been here, and I know how you guys tend to act in situations. In fact, the only reasonable from what I've seen is Katheryn.

The clean up does actually help significantly. I do agree its a bit obnoxious though.
Obnoxious is an understatement, but alas. If you really believe it does help, then I'll get back to the grind

How do you know as much as anyone else that I refuse to listen? I dont even know you.
Yeah, as someone who ALSO runs a server of over 1k people, I ALSO don't know every single member of my server, but I'll still treat them with the same respect as I'd treat someone I DO know. It's simple etiquette. And the same people I watch over know plenty about me.

How dare you try to judge my character from rumours you hear from other players.
Trust me, I've seen a lot of it first hand. Just because you don't see me around, doesn't mean I don't see what you're up to.

Try not to take these personally this time, I'm not here to start a fight, I just want you to know what's going on

Derrick

Roleplay Organizer
Roleplay Monitor
Dec 3, 2018
Dixie
epic.com
Again, I tried to keep it from becoming a heated debate. If anything, I myself asked if we could stop making snarky and snide comments like such:

calling me unprofessional yet continues to make penis jokes. hmmmmmmmm.
Am I a moderator? No. I'm not required to be professional and if we're being honest,
I'm only sharing gripes, criticisms and thoughts. If Lachee does not feel like he is being unfair, I understand and won't push for him to change, but a whopping 8+ people seem to think he does, the + being people who are part of our community that weren't at the raid issue.

I would appreciate it if you would take more consideration into what you're doing before taking administrative action the next time around.
Making verdicts like "Start another raid and you're all banned" over a bug that is solely mojang's fault is not the kind of administrative action that should be taken, and especially not in a community advertised as friendly. To add to that, there is also the aforementioned snarkiness, which does little to help at all.
Also, if you can, please remove the hole at spawn. A player fell down today and lost everything, so I gave him some of my belongings. As "funny" as it is, it happens to many, and is very very not cool.

Why is it that every time a moderator is in question we want to bring into question the 'professionalism' of said individual
Because bias is the bane of good moderation, and holding a grudge when making a decision is unprofessional. I'm not saying Lachee is generally unprofessional, I'm saying his actions in certain cases are. I have nothing against Lachee, I don't really know who he is beyond Minecraft moderation, but it seems he has something against the CSoF and surrounding territories.

Reactions: Morphine

Derrick

Roleplay Organizer
Roleplay Monitor
Dec 3, 2018
Dixie
epic.com
This is still a discussion regarding how the server should be run. If it's not how you prefer, I understand, it's not pleasant to have these kinds of talks, but for the love of god listen instead of pulling that next time. I won't push any further. Sorry for "derailing" things, man.

To be more "on topic," I think the server was significantly more enjoyable in the first few days, when there weren't any fancy plugins or nonsense with disabling integral gameplay elements. I think ClearLag hurts more than it helps, same with the rest of the "Anti-lag" plugins. All that kind of stuff does is concentrate and spread out lag, so that instead of a tolerable amount of constant lag, there's massive hits every fifteen or twenty minutes, which is fine if you don't want to reach the endgame, but for the people that play Minecraft to do more than build a big house and tend to a farm, it ruins the experience. I've more than once fallen nearly to my death because I chose the wrong time to jump off of a cliff with my elytra.

Even /home is an unnecessary luxury. Sometimes the best thing to do is bring things back to the basics. It may be tedious and dangerous, but there's nothing more satisfying than travelling thousands of blocks to your distant friend's base day and night with your horse and dog so you can trade rare materials and items, then return home satisfied with your day's work. That's what Minecraft should feel like. I'm not saying /home should be taken away, nor /tpa commands, but I am saying that some things don't need to be messed with or enhanced to cultivate a fun experience.

At the end of the day, that's just my two cents.

Appytizer

Tasty Club
Dec 4, 2018
Benbo City
As much as I DO believe discussing the matters at hand are necessary to advance and make necessary decisions, and that saying we're "derailing" is a bit of a copout, I'll hold comments.

Toaster said it best, I believe, the fancy plugins and such aren't exactly helping for the lag, and as for rules, previous points still stand.

Reactions: SexyToasterOven

Appytizer

Tasty Club
Dec 4, 2018
Benbo City
Im sorry, I believe I missed this. Can you please reiterate on what you think should change/stay the same about the rules? I cant seem to find it in the previous posts. oinknotlike
Happy to clarify

Rule 2, as much as preventing griefing is desirable, moderators should check logs and listen to player's accounts. Not so much of a change to our rules, but to keep future incidents clean and fair.

Rule 4, player made "entity spammers" should be kept in moderation, but not everything that causes lag should be immediately destroyed, rather fixed to a reasonable level if the creation was without ill intention

Rule 7, similar to rule 4, but it should be a WARNING before immediately destroying everything said player worked for.

That's it for ground rules, and to add to the discussion point of rule 5, I believe that touching any bases that don't specifically state that it's okay to do so should be tolerated, as some players may not have put signs or banners to indicate as such. However, if said player hasn't been on for a while, which can easily been seen via moderator logs, then i believe it should be fair game.