Feedback Crew Limit Increase?

Discussion in 'Server Feedback' started by MURDER SWAN, Oct 6, 2016.

1. MURDER SWAN

MURDER SWAN Greasy Bacon

BCash: ß 500
    I apologize if this is the incorrect section, but it seems as though my request correlates to the other content in this forum.
    Would it be possible for the server settings to be changed in order to allow more crew members in a single crew? According to this,
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/limit-on-party-members.118278/
    there is a setting that would allow for up to eight players to be in one party, more than enough for me and my friends.
    Obviously I don't expect you to change this on my account, but perhaps you may have overlooked it and forgot to increase it. If not, and you have deliberately set it low for any reason, I understand.

Thank you.

EDIT: This post is referring exclusively to PLAYERS and PARTIES, not NPC crew members. Apologies for the confusion.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  2. ICDeadPixels

ICDeadPixels Detective Pixie Bacon Manager R&D Team

60%
    BCash: ß 100
    Crew members cause lag as it is. I'm sure all that nonsense is client sided to begin with but there is no good reason for us to increase it if it wasn't. It would more than likely lead to more lag.

3. Max Bacon

Max Bacon Tasty Owner Bacon Chief RP Manager Tasty Club

BCash: ß 240
    Hello, our server setting is already twice as much as the starbound limit, that means 8. Why would there even be a need to have more than 8 players on the same party? I've never seen one of 8 players even.

4. MURDER SWAN

MURDER SWAN Greasy Bacon

BCash: ß 500
    Strange. I was unable to invite more people to my party when I encountered this problem. I'll try again when possible. Thank you for responding.

5. Max Bacon

Max Bacon Tasty Owner Bacon Chief RP Manager Tasty Club

BCash: ß 240
    If that's the case then the setting on the server-side might just not been taking effect on in-game parties, what wouldn't be any surprise.