Considering joining RP

Jan 1, 2019
Hello, I'm currently interested in joining this lavish roleplay community, is there anything I should be aware of before joining? I've read all the guidelines and the lore. But I'm quite behind on the story.

Thank you in advance,
Bagel Jam

Reactions: Fulgor

Degranon

Degtator
Bacon Manager
Starbound Moderator
Starbound Modder
Nov 29, 2018
St. Petersburg, Russia
Hello, Jam and welcome to ilovebacons!

As a Roleplay Manager I'm glad to tell you that you are free to slide in to the server as soon as you understood and agreed to our rules. We don't put any boundaries on your characters and roleplay, unless the ones you've already Read: no powergaming, no metagaming, keep the server friendly and 6+ etc

As a roleplayer myself I shall warn you to pick the company quite picky. We have a rather friendly community, but joining some shade factions can result with the local bounty board having your face on it

In any case, with you great time on ILB!

Reactions: Baigelly
Dec 2, 2018
Manager here,

Your character arrives to a town on the coast of an ocean planet. It used to be a pretty well known holiday resort, so it may still retain some of that fame, but your motivation is up to you. No major incidents have taken place recently, and the place itself looks peaceful. However, many of the visitors of the hub can not be qualified as normal. No. Many of them could pose a threat to society due to being evil, or just dangerous due to their attitude. Your story begins with you being unaware of your surroundings, discovering the town is only the beginning. Meet the other players and establish personal relationships to learn more about the place.

And the TL;DR, you don't really need to know much about the recent history of Lux to be able to integrate yourself, and it really would be better to learn from other players in-character. Gives you something to talk about with others while you are not adventuring, rather than just introducing your character and do small talk about the weather.

Edit: Damnit, Deg, you are too quick.

Reactions: Baigelly
Jan 1, 2019
Hello, Jam and welcome to ilovebacons!

As a Roleplay Manager I'm glad to tell you that you are free to slide in to the server as soon as you understood and agreed to our rules. We don't put any boundaries on your characters and roleplay, unless the ones you've already Read: no powergaming, no metagaming, keep the server friendly and 6+ etc

As a roleplayer myself I shall warn you to pick the company quite picky. We have a rather friendly community, but joining some shade factions can result with the local bounty board having your face on it

In any case, with you great time on ILB!
Thank you for the information, I'm very grateful!

Bagel Jam

Reactions: Jasel
Jan 1, 2019
Manager here,

Your character arrives to a town on the coast of an ocean planet. It used to be a pretty well known holiday resort, so it may still retain some of that fame, but your motivation is up to you. No major incidents have taken place recently, and the place itself looks peaceful. However, many of the visitors of the hub can not be qualified as normal. No. Many of them could pose a threat to society due to being evil, or just dangerous due to their attitude. Your story begins with you being unaware of your surroundings, discovering the town is only the beginning. Meet the other players and establish personal relationships to learn more about the place.

And the TL;DR, you don't really need to know much about the recent history of Lux to be able to integrate yourself, and it really would be better to learn from other players in-character. Gives you something to talk about with others while you are not adventuring, rather than just introducing your character and do small talk about the weather.

Edit: Damnit, Deg, you are too quick.
Thanks for the tips, it's really helpful! And I do enjoy your unique preview of Port Lux you've given me. I'm very thankful.

Bagel Jam

Thomaslink16

Roleplay Organizer
Roleplay Monitor
Nov 29, 2018
Hi, Roleplay Monitor and Event Organizer here! I hope you have a good time in our server! Make sure to have created your account to enter Port Lux and you’ll be good to go! Hope to see you in game :)

Reactions: Fulgor and Baigelly