Animated jumpboost.

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Sarycan, May 12, 2018.

1. Sarycan

Sarycan Greasy Bacon

60%
    BCash: ß 500
    So i have made animation for doublejump , i have whole tech edidted and working(made with vanilla files) , but this animation display only to me and is overwriting all other players dublejump animations.
    I want to make it displaying for other players , i think i need to do something more than just drawing fire , i tried to use LuAnimator to make png that i used in Drawables Generator to get code like a for redrawing weapons/ hats but didnt worked, can any one tell me what im supposed to do now?? doublejump.png
    doublejump.png <- this is what i get from LuAnimator after cutting picture from above on 4 pieces and connecting them again. ^

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  2. PixleatorGames

PixleatorGames Greasy Bacon

60%
    Sounds cool!

3. Sarycan

Sarycan Greasy Bacon

60%
    I think i need to replace them with signs, each frame, but it may be not true even if it is i need to see how code structure is looking , thats why im asking , i need some trail that lead me to solution, im looking around for solutions for a few days and cant find out what to do next.

I tried to make weapon with drawable generator and use its code to replace that i want , but here is problem, code is set for replacing butt, middle and barrel something like this:
    {"animationCustom":
    {"animatedParts":
    {"parts":
    {"butt":{"properties":{"image":"/assetmissing.png"}},
    "middle":{"properties":{"image":"/assetmissing.png"}},
    "barrel":{"properties":{"image":"/assetmissing.png"}},

"D_1":{"properties":{"centered":false,"offset":[-0.5,-1.0],"image":"/objects/outpost/customsign/signplaceholder.png?replace;...........

wich animated part is doublejumpboost , if it is not by itself. Is even my way of thinking correct? Can i do it with json?
    Thank you for anwsers , i count on you :)

4. Kiato

Kiato Greasy Bacon

Changing the .png in the game files will make that image only display on your screen and changing the .animation file will make your mod not work on multiplayer. Custom .animation and .frames file are not multiplayer compatible. Your best option is to spawn particles with your frames as drawables periodically.

Sarycan likes this.
  5. Sarycan

Sarycan Greasy Bacon

60%
    Thanks for anwser Kitao, if you mind i would like to have a little more complex help.
    I understood so i have to make changes in .particles , then i made this :
    {
    "kind" : "doublejump",
    "definition" : {
    "type" : "animated",
    "animation" : "/animations/doublejump/doublejump.animation",
    {"animationCustom":
    {"properties":{"image":"/assetmissing.png"}},
    "D_1":{"properties":{"centered":false,"offset":[0.125,0.0],"image":"/objects/outpost/customsign/signplaceholder.png?replace;...",
    "transformationGroups":[]
    }},
    "D_2":{"properties":{"centered":false,"offset":[0.125,0.0],"image":
    "/objects/outpost/customsign/signplaceholder.png?replace;","transformationGroups":[]
    }},
    "D_3":{"properties":{"centered":false,"offset":[0.125,0.0],"image":"/objects/outpost/customsign/signplaceholder.png?replace;...",
    }},
    "D_4":{"properties":{"centered":false,"offset":[0.125,0.0],"image":"/objects/outpost/customsign/signplaceholder.png?replace;...",
    }}},
    "position" : [0, 0],
    "finalVelocity" : [0, 0],
    "approach" : [0, 50],
    "size" : 1.0,
    "timeToLive" : 0.85,
    "layer" : "back",
    "light" : [225, 174, 94],
    "fade" : 0.5,
    "variance" : {
    "initialVelocity" : [0.0, 0.0]
    }
    }
    }
    Replaced drawables with "..." , too many signs.

I didnt even needed to start it to know this is wrong, but tried and its wrong.
    Im sure ill need to give it good positions , but at first i want to make it working :E , it became my mania.
    Can i have any template so i can edit and use it for better understanding how to do it?
    Maybe somewhere is any tutorial how to?
    Maybe something else???
    Thanks for anwsers that will come :)