A little help with an issue

Mar 1, 2019
Hey I am unsure as to why the server had kicked me from it while i was playing on it, now the server isn't letting me join back into it for some reason.

Nettle Boy

Starbound Modder
Dec 1, 2018
Ok, make a backup save of your starbound storage folder, then reinstall starbound.

Edit: Try using this first: Ip: 149.56.242.195 Port: 21025

Last edited:

Nettle Boy

Starbound Modder
Dec 1, 2018
actually wait, try going to options in starbound and make sure the allow mismatch assets is ticked. Edit: Nevermind i don't think this'll fix the problem.

Last edited:

Nettle Boy

Starbound Modder
Dec 1, 2018
Mad scientist i think you have to use the number ip.

Try putting these in, they're the number version of ilovebacons server:
Ip: 149.56.242.195 Port: 21025

Mar 1, 2019
You know i am not going to go through all of this trouble just to play on a simple game, I am not going to play on a server that has you have to jump through 10 different steps just to simply play on the server, run the risk of you getting trolled on it and loosing a lot of progress, then most likely no one have anything done about it. It shouldnt take this many steps to play on a server that says PUBLIC in the server listings on the server website. Ill be sure to tell my friends and other starbound players to avoid this server as well due to it requiring a crazy amount of steps to play a simple game on it.

IHazBagels

Bacon Manager
Starbound Moderator
Starbound Builder
Nov 29, 2018
On rare occasions, the server disallows anonymous connections when there are attackers joining anonymously.
This might have been what you experienced with the "we are not currently allowing guests."

Normally, you don't need anything beyond the IP and port to connect and play.
Exceptions to this would be, roleplaying on the monitored hub or entering the player build world.
These two hubs do require accounts to be able to enter.
Everything else on server does not require an account.

If you are still unable to join after doing the following, then odds are the problem lies elsewhere.
I have attached some images to this post on the matter.

Attachments

Kohi

Starbound Watcher
Tasty Club
Dec 2, 2018
We appreciate the well thought out essay you've written for us. Good luck elsewhere. ;)

Reactions: Tuna