Welcome to iLoveBacons, the tastiest community for over 5 years! We pride ourselves on our flavour and our community, so we have created these guidelines to act as a set of rules for the community. You need to understand these guidelines in order to become part of the community and add your own flavour to this broth. We don't wish for any unsavoury characters here in this community and will remove any spoiled and rotten meat from the community.
You can read the full details about our rules below, although the basic point is this:
Don't be a jerk, don't cause issues, be courteous to everybody, and enjoy some bacon every now and then.
Also, no race/species mods.
These rules are here for every aspect of the community, from the forums to the game and even the Discord server. We will enforce these rules everywhere.
- Religious discussions are not allowed in this community. Political discussions, however, are allowed if mutual respect is maintained and the subject is discussed in a constructive manner; using the discussion to attack individuals is not allowed.
- We discourage effortless contributions based on trolling, spamming and/or advertising (of other communities, Discord servers, etc...) in our services. If such behavior is persistent, it may result in suspensions. In other words, we don't allow spam or most advertising.
- The Golden Rule: Respect one another.
- No naming and shaming.
- No provocation or baiting.
- No racist or discriminating behavior.
- No harassment.
- We allow joking around to some extent. However, if you are asked to stop, you must stop. Some types of jokes may be seen as offensive by others.
- If users are unwilling to help you with something, feel free to post on the proper areas asking for help. Do not constantly bother specific users.
- Respect the privacy of other community members. Posting personal information, such as names, phone numbers, emails, etc. is not allowed in public; use private means to exchange personal information. Remember that once you post something on the internet, it stays there; we cannot take responsibility for it, and any users should do this at their own risk.
- Forcing other members into sex talk is not allowed and should be reported. We are, however, not responsible for what happened outside our community between two or more members of our community, that should be reported to the designated company/organization/community in question.
- Public Display of Affection is allowed to a certain extent. Be respectful to and around others. If you want to express affection to a greater extent, then do so privately.
- Toxic behaviour within the community will not be tolerated. We wish for a happy environment, based around Starbound and gaming. We cannot tolerate the behavior of those whose only objective is to bring down the community with drama, controversy, or accusations. While everybody is welcome to discuss and voice their opinions on matters, direct attempts to undermine, defame, or cause conflict within the community is not allowed.
- Illegal content and/or action (including piracy and pornography) is not allowed in any area of this community, not even as jokes. This includes death threats.
- Inappropriate/NSFW (Not Safe For Work) content is not allowed publicly in our community, with these exceptions:
- NSFW content (light-toned) posted on community groups with the "Closed" Privacy Setting.
- NSFW content (light-toned) posted on the Art sections of the website if posted by its author under a warning Tag and/or Spoiler.
- This rule may vary depending on platform.
- Staff decides what is deemed NSFW at their own discretion.
- We do not allow alternate accounts. You may have one account on the iLoveBacons forums; we actively remove alternate accounts. If you have lost access to your account and/or share a computer or network with other iLB members, please file a staff request about it or contact [email protected]. If you would like a different username, please request a name change in the staff requests, linked below.
- Moderation-related matters (also known as "staff matters") may not be discussed publicly, as doing so is disruptive and unnecessary. Staff matters include things that the staff members have done or said in relation to moderating, including bans, warnings, and similar moderation actions, including the way that our moderation system is laid out. Public areas include Discord server channels, the Starbound server's universal chat, and forum threads. These matters must be taken directly to the staff requests or private messages.
- The staff reserves the right to remove content from our community at our own discretion. Therefore, we reserve the sole right to review and classify questionable content. If you do not agree with any particular decisions, you are welcome to create a staff request in order to discuss them.
- Please remember that these rules are written with their meaning in mind, and that attempting to find loopholes will not work.
Rules are subject to change with developments in the community. If rules are changed, the community will be notified of the changes.
Last edited by a moderator: