Info Things to do BEFORE you join the server

Discussion in 'General Server Discussion' started by Acrotomi, Jul 17, 2015.

?

Did this help?

1. Yes

50.7%
  2. No

10.1%
  3. Maybe

8.7%
  4. Possibly

13.0%
  5. Man, Acro, you are very good at your job.

37.7%
  6. This sucks.

11.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Acrotomi

Acrotomi Cooked Bacon

20%
    BCash: ß 500
    Hello everyone. So I wanted to go over a few things related to the past 1-2 month/s going on. The answer is YES, we have been under attack by hackers. YES, it has been the Investigators. YES, we are doing the best we can to fix this problem, and it's best you know that. So, relating to that, I wanted to go ahead and make a
    thread talking about what to do BEFORE you hop on this wonderful server. So, without further a do, here are some things to do before you hop on the iLoveBacons starbound server.

1. Back up your player files.
    You may hear us say this 24/7, but please do it. If you do not know how, here is a link. The iLoveBacons launcher automatically backs up your player files, and it comes with more tasty features. Thanks to the wonderful Lachee , we wouldn't be far without him.​

2. Fill up your inventory.
    May seem a bit cheesy, but fill your inventory with whatever you can find. This helps because when a hacker is online, attacking our server, you NEED to do this. They send crash items into the air. If you move it in your inventory, you will crash. Remove it in starcheat, or shift click it into storage.​

3. Remain calm.
    You may be freaking out saying "Oh my god! A real hacker is attacking me!". That makes it 10 times harder for us. Being scared and/or freaking out makes it harder for us to make you remain calm. So doing this will make our job 10 times easier.​

4. It's also important to just ride it out.
    It can be scary at times, but just ride it out. If you find someone on your ship, or you see things breaking apart, immediately log out. That will kick them off your ship. You may also create an alt, where your name will be hidden in case you have one of them after you for telling them off or telling them to stop. Also, stay off personal planets and don't let your ship hover over it. These guys can teleport to another person without being in a party. (This rule has credit for Pietro1 . Thanks.)​

5. Do not accept invites from anyone you do not trust you may get griefed.
    No Moderator or Admin of this server would ask you to invite them or possibly invite you. Moderators and Admins can access your ship and teleport to your location without needing an invite, this is to ensure our public safety, check to see if we have any contraband, and to check what we are doing etc. If players like Pietro1 , myself, and Malachi seem to be giving you a hard time please remember we are a bit weary these last couple of days and just want to help the server and other players as well. We are not staff members just simple players and we are all trying to ride this storm out together. (Credit to Malachi . Thanks.)​

So, that concludes that. I will probably add more later on. In case anything does happen, please read these methods/rules before you join the server. SusanStrong has RP rules in his/her signature if you need to know those. Thank you, and enjoy your stay at Bacons.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2015
  2. Pietro1

Pietro1 Tasty Club Crispy Bacon

60%
    It's also important to just ride it out. It can be scary at times, but just ride it out. If you find someone on your ship, or you see things breaking apart, immediately log out. That will kick them off your ship.

You may also create an alt, where your name will be hidden in case you have one of them after you for telling them off or telling them to stop.

Also, stay off personal planets and don't let your ship hover over it. These guys can teleport to another person without being in a party.

So! Do enjoy your time here guys, we are number 1(one) for a reason. Everything is and will be A-OK so you needn't worry of the craziness. Just ride it out and have fun!

3. SusanStrong

SusanStrong Crispy Bacon

93%
    BCash: ß 491
    Also if you are coming on the server to RP check my signature! It has rules for that shit!

Short-Factor, [GMR] and subs like this.
  4. Joe.

Joe. Crispy Bacon ♦ Diamond Dogs ♦

95%
    No.

Short-Factor, [GMR], subs and 2 others like this.
  5. Pietro1

60%
  6. Zanza

Zanza Crispy Bacon Modder

55%
    kek

7. Max Bacon

Max Bacon Tasty Owner Bacon Chief Tasty Club ILB Official RP

60%
    If you plan to hang on the homeworld leave inventory full is safe, if you're with friends exploring you're safer.

8. Firewisplet

Firewisplet Tasty Club Crispy Bacon Scrubaleers

67%
    I personally hate having a full inventory, I usually keep my hotbar full though.
    If evil things get in my inventory, I stop what I'm doing and load a backup.

I do agree with everything else here.

[GMR] and subs like this.
  9. Moonflower

Moonflower Sizzling Bacon BlackRabbit's Clan

55%
    Thanks for keeping up with this problem and letting us players know how to keep ourselves safe. It does suck with hackers, but hopefully it'll get better!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  10. Lachee

Lachee Lazy Australian Bastard Bacon Chief Tasty Club

33%
    Should note that the ILoveBacons Starbound Launcher has automatic backups when you hit the play button. However, the automatic backup system on stores 2 backups (a fresh and a stale), so you should use the stale one if you play and find starbound corrupt.

In more details, here is what I mean:

The way the automatic backup system works is when you hit play, it first checks if you already have a automatic backup from the last time you used it. If you do, it will make it "Stale". It will then make a new "Fresh" backup of your characters before starting the game.

What does this mean? It means that if you hit the play button after a crash, the backup system may of made a automatic backup of the corrupt player file. If it did, it would have stored it as "Fresh" and made the good copy "Stale". So if this does happen, you would want to restore the "Stale" copy.

You should still make regular backups using the launcher manually though, as the Fresh and Stale updates are getting overridden everytime you press play so they are not safe compared to manually doing it, which will place them in a unique folder/naming thingy.

11. SusanStrong

SusanStrong Crispy Bacon

93%
    BCash: ß 491
    this shameless whoring brought to you by lachee!

Short-Factor, subs and Mollie like this.
  12. Pietro1

60%
    I personally make manual backups in case something goes wrong with automatic

Short-Factor, subs and Malachi like this.
  13. nokiaboomia

nokiaboomia Cooked Bacon

90%
    Starcheat makes my backups nuff said

14. Malachi

Malachi Sizzling Bacon

My number one tip for when the server is under attack.

upload_2015-7-17_17-7-6.png

This is actually a photo of a poster firmly laminated onto wood that is in my bedroom, this is the first thing I see when I wake up.

15. Joe.

Joe. Crispy Bacon ♦ Diamond Dogs ♦

95%
    This would give me motivation to go back to sleep :D

Short-Factor and Malachi like this.