Info Starbound 1.0 Hits in Hours, here's what's up with us

Discussion in 'Bacons SB Server Info & News' started by Max Bacon, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Max Bacon

Max Bacon Tasty Owner Bacon Chief RP Manager Tasty Club

43%
    BCash: ß 1,120
    Hello there Bacons!

With Starbound 1.0 around the corner, here is stuff you should know of what will happen on our server.

Will there be a wipe?!
    - In short yes, while your files will not be deleted they will be stored now on /giraffe_storage and starbound will now use only the /storage folder.

Far tests go, while you can try to manually put one older version file into the new stable it's most likely it will just break or face bugs / crashes as you play what is not worth it. Start from scratch is more than recommended here.

For your worlds on our server they are also not compatible, we've seen constant crashing of us with the server trying to import older worlds so 1.0 is going to be a fresh universe.

What about my mods / custom items? Gone?
    - There's a complex story here, this affects many of the custom items as the guns where you put drawables on not being possible the same way as they were before, i'll poke IHazBagels (edit, check the thread clicking here) so we can get a thread up about what will break on 1.0, what will be no longer possible / has to be done differently.

Far our tests go the only way to have those guns with drawables on them is having to install a mod that patches them, while all players can see if someone loots the item without having that patch it will crash your starbound client.

Remember things like Starcheat and SBSE will break and there isn't any ETA's for updates post 1.0, stay tuned on our Showcase as we already have 1.0 mods to use on the server.

I heard things about Planet Chat being removed, is it true?
    - Yes on 1.0 there is no such thing as a planet chat anymore, the whole chat of the server is global and publicly visible to everybody (aka universe chat).

We however are patching things on our side that will allow us to have an RP Chat, including custom chat-rooms (by permission) users can create private or public and chat on them. Magicks can later update on the way the new custom commands work on our server.

Other things?
    - With 1.0 there's some things we will push on the next times:
    • New Starbound Launcher: Lachee been working on revamping the launcher as it stays today and it's pretty much close to be released that now is able to create shortcuts to easily launch sb from inside or outside steam and mostly polishing and fixing many annoying bugs of the past version.
    • Worldbound: Our players will be able to login on worldbound that is going to be the master panel for world backups of our players, you will be able to claim a planet on worldbound and after approval you can at your request do a backup of your world and replace backups as you wish. This is made to avoid the issue of griefing of normal player worlds that now won't have to worry about it as long they keep updated backups.
    • RP HUB & Mall: The RP Hub will not be present on 1.0 yet, Port Lux and such RP Hubs on stable per the wipe enforced will not be on 1.0 and same applies to the Mall. We will be working on a new Mall as we have to adapt it to 1.0 works of things.
    • Server Player Limit: On this matter it's a tricky question from what i've tested of this new version it's not good news for us on increasing our player limit, in fact my worries is that the server won't be able to handle 40 due the way the server software simply abuses the machine CPU. We will see as we stress test things after the update.
    Any questions please post bellow,
    See you on 1.0! ;)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Star_Fish, Lachee and The T like this.
  2. BlevRuz

BlevRuz Server Builder

95%
    BCash: ß 505
    Once and for all, will the new Stable universe be the current Unstable ?

3. Max Bacon

43%
    No, i don't think anybody will be able to do that unfortunately.

4. BlevRuz

BlevRuz Server Builder

95%
    So, Volnues' spawn will be gone for good ? :/
    Besides, I think just pasting the Unstable server's files into the future stable would work, as it is basically the same version

5. Kiriguya Kazuto

Kiriguya Kazuto Cooked Bacon Syndicate

60%
    BCash: ß 500
    What about the unstable world?

6. Max Bacon

43%
    I am mentioning the main server, the unstable server is already 1.0, and i won't wipe it's universe. Just do a favor and actually bookmark the build world on your ship (not tele bookmark) or save the coordinate manually because the metadatas will likely put us all to a new spawn on a new coordinate.

7. BlevRuz

BlevRuz Server Builder

95%
    I see. So all that's on the current Unstable server will be kept and made into stable ? :D
    (also I do not have the coords of the build world)

8. Max Bacon

43%
    Yes

I think once we get this worked all players will be taken to spawn that will be that world, so np there :)

9. BlevRuz

BlevRuz Server Builder

95%
    Great then ! :D

10. Max Bacon

43%
    Updated for RP and Mall Info.

• RP HUB & Mall: The RP Hub will not be present on 1.0 yet, Port Lux and such RP Hubs on stable per the wipe enforced will not be on 1.0 and same applies to the Mall. We will be working on a new Mall as we have to adapt it to 1.0 works of things.

11. volnues

volnues Sizzling Bacon

70%
    BCash: ß 600
    i don't think a mall will work very well considering most items will require a script

12. Max Bacon

43%
    From what discussed we can split and warn very well what is no problem to buy and use, and what requires the script, so not much issue there. It's also possible work arounds this annoyance to happen, even on future updates to SB.

13. Liv Muramoto

Liv Muramoto Event Organizer

75%
    BCash: ß 510
    n00b question: what is worldbound? the new launcher will work on mac osx/linux? <3 *can't wait! wheee!*

14. Max Bacon

43%
    Skywing might be able to reply the Linux / MAC one as he looked at this not long ago.

Worldbound is what you can via a webpage do a backup of a world you own, or restore a backup you previously made. Or stuff for special users as being able to download or even upload worlds from and into the server.

Liv Muramoto likes this.
  15. Holkjasl

Holkjasl Cooked Bacon

50%
    BCash: ß 500
    jeez

da end is near