Starbound New Starbound authentication system

Discussion in 'General Server Discussion' started by Skywing, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Kufell

Kufell Bacon Manager RP Manager Tasty Club

30%
    BCash: ß 452
    Would an account be able to authenticate more than once within the 24 hour period? Like for example, if I authenticated myself, and was required to restart my router, which would assign me a new IP, would I be able to authenticate myself again with said new IP?

2. AtlasFishard

AtlasFishard Tasty Club Crispy Bacon

45%
    BCash: ß 500
    This is a fantastic idea in itself, the only concern I have are the incoming starbound updates, I hope this great idea can keep up! Keep up the good work! :)

3. Speed Lightning

Speed Lightning Anomaly Bacon Manager

75%
    BCash: ß 200
    This sounds like an interesting idea. I recommend that the authentication button be included with the rules to ensure that more players read them, which should lower the number of rulebreakers.

gbrilleCraft and Ignify like this.
  4. AtlasFishard

AtlasFishard Tasty Club Crispy Bacon

45%
    definitely the pass, the spamming in spawn and spawn location, 3 most asked question throughout the week lol

5. Blizzaru

Blizzaru Cooked Bacon

60%
    Yay, great idea! I love your creativity :3c

AtlasFishard likes this.
  6. Lief

Lief Crispy Bacon

20%
    BCash: ß 1,700
    im really confused about this.

7. Firewisplet

Firewisplet Tasty Club Crispy Bacon Harem of Matt

57%
    BCash: ß 100
    noice idea m8

8. Max Bacon

Max Bacon Tasty Owner Bacon Chief RP Manager Tasty Club

BCash: ß 20
    I like this idea, the only thing that is tricky to deal with, is everybody who joins the server without whitelisted will see the server as offline. So there's no easy way to tell players that they need to get into the website. It's pretty much the wall we need to bypass so something like this can be a reality ^-^

Blizzaru and Ignify like this.
  9. Pietro1

Pietro1 Tasty Club Crispy Bacon

60%
    I love this idea but I am concerned with those who authenticate, put in a small thingy and 'boom' they're in...maybe make it more complicated? Turn it into a game of sorts...authenticate, capchta, and ony level 3 can get the password. This way, only those who actually frequent the forums and make themselves actually known will have access to the server.

"Things that are worth having never come easy" sort of thing.

Reason I say this is because since I am frequenting the russian black market server, I notice and recognize many people who spam on this server....Some of which actually do seemingly speak russian. Examples include...cerera, celextl, ok, and wuzu....

Cerera is the russian speaker...

Wuzu may be the same as me...a collector...he may also just enjoy their company, who knows lol...but I do now wuzu had obtained a no hitbox gun and was killing people in spawn...so I know he had to have gotten it from a server like that...or that server itself.

ok I know was a spammer and pulled out the thief shop that sells stolen items and instantly warped away and I didn't see him in spawn the rest of the day....Course I have the shop too so it may not be such a bad thing he has it.

celextl was crashing the russian server with some crash item....and there are possibly many more people like these here

Basically...the things I've seen could be nothing, or they could be everything....Even if the wolf I call out may not be a wolf....sometimes it's good idea to keep an eye on quiet or troublesome people who like to ignore rules and have their fun....and that's my plan.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    gbrilleCraft likes this.
  10. Firewisplet

57%
    Thats a terrible idea because then nobody would be on the server except for us

AtlasFishard likes this.
  11. Pietro1

Pietro1 Tasty Club Crispy Bacon

60%
    Or people who actually want to play, so no more troublesome 10 yr old spammers....they can still use the forums to relax and spam chat with their silliness xD

gbrilleCraft likes this.
  12. Firewisplet

57%
    They dont want to use the forums, they want to play starbound with friends. Making them have to spam the forums when they could just play on Galaxy Citizen or Boundstar is a death wish for bacons