Info Mod Blacklist

Discussion in 'General Server Discussion' started by Magicks, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Magicks

Magicks Bacon Manager RP Manager

80%
    BCash: ß 500
    Hello this is a WIP Blacklist of mods that we ask you do not attempt to use on multiplayer Starbound on BOTH servers.
    • Creative Mode
    • S3r1ous Mods modpak
    • Frackin' Universe
    • Avali Race Mod
    • XS Corporation Mechs
    • Cheat Box
    • Maverick-Hunters MMX
    • Starbound : Mass Effect Edition
    • StarMount
    • ALL OTHER RACE MODS
    These are some of the big players, but in general a mod is considered non-multiplayer compatible if:

"It adds any new items, objects, tech, animations, status effects, new music or sfx, new vehicles, blocks, particles, effects, or new projectiles"

Please note this isn't definitive there are still going to be other things that break multiplayer.

Also edited tech which still uses vanilla modules is different to new tech. Same for starcheated items. Custom blinks made with particles are not new particles, just configured ones.

If you know any mods which cause issues or need to know whether ' X ' mod will work on our server please state it in the thread below with a link to the source (e.g chuckle fish forums). All showcase mods are compatible with multiplayer so please make sure to check those out first! If you are making a mod and want to make sure it isn't going to cause problems or want to know if it will please ask!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  2. SirRedPanda

SirRedPanda Cooked Bacon

75%
    Wouldn't it be handier to put up mods that are allowed and allow suggestions for testing new mods?

3. Max Bacon

Max Bacon Tasty Owner Bacon Chief RP Manager Tasty Club

BCash: ß 20
    That's pretty much what our showcase has to users to download.

4. Roxas027

Roxas027 Greasy Bacon

60%
    Reno's Sit mod and Reno item pack are blacklisted?

If i didn't say a stupid thing, he use vanilla skin item for his item

Starmaster212 and Ethaos like this.
  5. Magicks

80%
    No; they don't add a new tech module the mods only edit an existing one so that won't cause issues.

6. OffTheGrid_

OffTheGrid_ Cooked Bacon The Grid Riders

30%
    All of mine are multiplayer friendly. *wipes sweat from brow* Thank god.

7. Joelblaze

Joelblaze Tasty Club Sizzling Bacon

25%
    Wait, does clef work in multiplayer then?

8. Lief

Lief Crispy Bacon

20%
    BCash: ß 1,700
    Think of your mod like this: Does my mod add anthing to the game that isnt normally in the game? If the answer is yes then dont use it

9. Dr Ultraman

Dr Ultraman Cooked Bacon

40%
    Currently using the Mann Co. store mod, http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/manncostoremod.1962/
    the bigger boat mod, http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/bigger-boat-mod.3261/
    no energy costs for guns mod (I dont like having a decent gun but being unable to use it propperly) http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/no-energy-guns.2581/
    and the Iconic guns mod, http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/iconic-guns.3009/
    Any of these mods useable?

I eddited the Mann Co store mod's medic armour texture so I could give my character a custom outfit, but it does have what I think is a custom health regen effect (not very large mind you, but still a passive health regen.)
    The Bigger boat mod just adds a new boat, that works like the default one, but slightly larger and has to be spawned in.
    The Iconic guns mod and Mann Co store both contain guns with custom projectiles for bullets.

Any idea if any of these mods would work or are incompatible.

10. Magicks

80%
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think these mods are compatible with multiplayer :(. I would have a single player character and a multiplayer character to prevent errors.

11. Dr Ultraman

Dr Ultraman Cooked Bacon

40%
    Ah, ok, thanks for the help though.

12. Jincko

Jincko Greasy Bacon

60%
    Help! When I delete felin mod, file with my character doesn't reading!

13. KatieMist

KatieMist Greasy Bacon

90%
  14. Silverfeelin

Silverfeelin Bacon Manager Modder

80%
    BCash: ß 1,080
    If the music mod just adds abc files and you play the songs with an instrument then it won't cause any issues. I wasn't able to check because the download was offline just now.
    The detailed species mod seems to only retexture existing assets, which will only affect visuals on your client. If it adds new textures, that will be an issue (but from what I saw, it doesn't).

15. Frisk

Frisk Greasy Bacon

70%
    So, I have like most of these mods, but i don't want to delete them just to be able to join the server, how can I like 'disable' them, then use them again when I'm done?