Info iLoveBacons Starbound Launcher

Discussion in 'Bacons SB Server Info & News' started by Max Bacon, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Max Bacon

Max Bacon Tasty Owner Bacon Chief RP Manager Tasty Club

BCash: ß 20
    Current Version: 2.4 (6/3/2017)

We have released our custom Starbound launcher (windows only), that is integrated into iLoveBacons Servers and with features that will ease your Starbound experience. Feel free to give your feedback so we can improve it!

[​IMG]

.:: Download ::.
    Download The Launcher

First Launch Tutorial (open spoiler bellow)
    Now when you download the launcher, you are downloading the updater. The updater will then proceed to download the launcher. When you first launch the updater it will perform some inital setup. This may look suspecious to your computer and/or anti-virus. I assure you that its completely safe.

The exact method that the launcher setups is as follows:
    1. Copy Updater to appropriate folder
    2. Launch copy and close current updater (this is where anti-virus kicks up stinks)
    3. Delete previous updater and proceed to download launcher.

You may find it more convient to allow this program to run in the future if Windows asks you about it:
    [​IMG]

Steam Integration Tutorial (open spoiler bellow)
    The launcher has had to adapt to Starbounds new system of launching. Now, instead of attempting to automatically set itself up as steams default, it will create a shortcut on your desktop that will allow you to launch without steam.

If you would like to launch through steam however, here is a tutorial:

[​IMG]

Features:
    Player Backups with AutoBackup Feature, every time you press play all your players are backuped, if something goes wrong with your player, like someone griefs / steals or you just want to revert to how it was before, now you can!
    • It reads your players via [Character Name] [Playtime], then lets you make your own backups, on the bottom left you see auto-backups, Freshest being the last time you pressed Play, Stale being the one before that.
    [​IMG]

iLoveBacons Server Status and PlayerList, the launcher updates every minute our server information, clicking on the left button next to players online will open the player list, in there you can see all players online (by join time, oldest to newest), if you need to party a friend with color codes that's the best, double click a name and it copies it for you!
    [​IMG]

iLoveBacons News, on the left side it grabs 2 feeds from iLoveBacons and Starbound so you always updated with the news!

To Uninstall, please go to this thread post in instructions on how to delete the files and restore the previous launcher

Gives us your feedback! Are you facing problems? Suggestions? What do you want to see done?

2. Ignify

Ignify Tasty Club Crispy Bacon

35%
    BCash: ß 500
    Thank you so much for the awesome work! I can't wait to see how this is polished over time and the backup tool is a great help for those lazy people (like me, lol)! C:

3. Reno

Reno Cooked Bacon

60%
    Fix 'Automatatic' in the backup dialogue. It should say 'Automatic'.

(Sorry. I'm a grammar nazi.)

4. Max Bacon

Oh i pointed that Lachee i think he forgot to update, no worries the launcher will be polished on those minor thingies :D

5. gbrilleCraft

gbrilleCraft Tasty Club Crispy Bacon

35%
    Nice! ive downloaded it and will use it right now :D

6. CyberGugu

CyberGugu Tasty Club Sizzling Bacon

60%
    Will there be a future update where it will be accessible by Mac users?
    Really nice work though, Lachee!

7. Max Bacon

Sadly the language it's coded on it's really off-limits for linux/mac, far i read the only way to make it work is another app on silverlight that runs on mac and supports pretty much the language this is coded on. But that's 2 things to maintain at the same time instead of one. (even starbound developers struggle to make launcher run well on mac/linux)

8. Zeus

Zeus Sizzling Bacon

75%
    This is siiiiiiick!

9. Star_Fish

Star_Fish Starbound Moderator

93%
    BCash: ß 1,050
    Sometimes people ask my questions before I do!
    Well done Lachee!

10. Ugarimpty 2

Ugarimpty 2 Cooked Bacon

70%
    Epic Keyboard tool ! Thanks ! I'm Lefthanded, and it's Wonderful

11. Firewisplet

Firewisplet Tasty Club Crispy Bacon Harem of Matt

57%
    BCash: ß 100
    The big empty box on the right feels... well, empty when the playerlist isn't selected.

The launcher is in no way ill.

12. Andohika

Andohika Tasty Club Crispy Bacon

65%
    Whooooooaa.....this will work MUCH better! Thank you Lachee , Max Bacon , and everyone who worked on this to make our server better! This is a huge improvement from the "developed" version that ChuckeFish produced. Amazing work!

13. CodeRedAlert

CodeRedAlert Sizzling Bacon

95%
    The launcher crashes every time I click settings. Dunno if that is already known just putting it out there.

14. Lake

Lake Tasty Club Crispy Bacon Modder

70%
  15. Max Bacon

Lachee will likely poke on that, but please give us info, print the error that it's giving you.

Oh it seems Norton removed the launcher, try to add one exception so it can run correctly. ^^