Hard core challenge with friends

Discussion in 'General Server Discussion' started by Rocket Slugg Gaming, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Rocket Slugg Gaming

Rocket Slugg Gaming Fresh Raw Bacon

30%
    BCash: ß 500
    Hi there! I had no idea that Starbound had public dedicated servers and having just discovered this one I'm pretty excited.

Myself and a couple of others are all new to the game somewhat, anyways we decided to challenge ourselves to play through the game from the beginning in hard core mode. Meanwhile broadcasting it live on youtube. Doing it online on a public server adds some extra thrill, so were looking forward to crossing paths with any of you a long the way.

Tune in if you like and watch us die. if you have any good suggestions please let me know, as we have no clue what we're doing.

The stream can be found here when its live. It will likely be done in several parts. We've done one so far but it was cut short by a power outage because the ruin started eating my planet in real life.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCbfFE5SzQZqgEWtsuiK5Vg

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    Max Bacon likes this.
  2. Archduke Seraph

Archduke Seraph Tasty Club Cooked Bacon

15%
    Careful when you're doing missions and stuff. Some main story missions are impossible to complete on the server due to a glitch or something. I know this happens in the Miniknog Stronghold for sure; the friendly Apex (Forget her name) won't give you the artifact. My advice: Play on the server for exploration and stuff but have your friends join a singleplayer world when you do any of the 5(? 4? idk) instanced missions for the artifacts, including the Ruin fight.

3. Rocket Slugg Gaming

30%
    Hey thats really good to know. Thanks! We will probably do that, like you said just for the instanced missions.

4. Killalod

Killalod Greasy Bacon

40%
    Hm. From what I figured most of the enemies on the server, like any casual mobs do more damage than they should. Not sure why but they do.

5. Max Bacon

Max Bacon Tasty Owner Bacon Chief RP Manager Tasty Club

BCash: ß 20
    Have fun! Be careful with missions indeed that sadly MP breaks some stuff but a side of that the entire SP flow will work. ;)

Killalod likes this.
  6. Rocket Slugg Gaming

30%
    Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, we have all tragically died. We will make another attempt, and keep plugging ahead anyways. We're going to allow restarts because we want to finish the thing but it will be at great cost as anyone who dies will have to start over and catch up to the others. Thanks to anyone who was watching!

Max Bacon likes this.
  7. Killalod

Killalod Greasy Bacon

40%
    Feel free to check up on your profile page for my details I promised on stream. Be talking to ya soon!