Question Do terraformers work in asteriod fields?

Discussion in 'General Forum Help' started by Nettle Boy, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Nettle Boy

Nettle Boy Sizzling Bacon

BCash: ß 100
    As the question says in the title. Is it possible for asteriod fields to be terraformed?

Because i was thinking of doing a fun experiment to see if i could make a sky world that apparently has no gravity to stay on the ground with. Even though i think it would only change one layer of the asteriod fields' meteor and magma blocks to be different.
    If it can be done i would like to know how all of the terraformer's requirements can be met. Because i don't know exactly how much surface i will need to build in an asteriod field for the terraformer or where these blocks should be laid out around it.

I've done a lush biome on a moon planet. It still had it's low gravity and ore but there's no ghosts to watch out for.
  2. Nettle Boy

Nettle Boy Sizzling Bacon

BCash: ß 100
    I've had a look at the lua for the terraformer objects and it seems to only work with worlds that have world.inSurfaceLayer. So it's not possible to terraform asteriod fields unless the world file is edited to count as a surface layer.
    I'm not sure if world.inSurfaceLayer is what's stopping the terraformers because i'm an lua expert.

So terraformers won't work in asteriod fields.
  3. Lepi

Lepi Fresh Raw Bacon

BCash: ß 500
    they work on the moon so probably